This crochet top was relatively simple to make. I couldn’t find a pattern for the top, so, I just cut rectangles.
I used a cotton, gauge fabric. I did use interfacing in the top band, but I think if I did it again, I would leave it out.
I made the crochet square motifs first, then adjusted the top band so that they would fit well.
I left the first one white, but used Rit dye on the second one. I attempted to get a three-toned ombre blue, but as you can see from the picture, it ended up being two colors. If I did it again, I would only dip the top section in it for a very short time (or I would dilute the dye before dipping the top section).